Compiled bjoern packages
bjoern is a WSGI-compatible web server for Python web applications. It supports both Python 2 and Python 3. Unfortunately the authors don't provide any binary packages but I've created compiled binary wheels for bjoern for Python 2 and 3 for Debian Jessie, Stretch and Buster and Ubuntu Xenial, Trusty and Bionic.
To install the package:
- Install libev with
sudo aptitude install libev4
- Find out the release you have installed with
source /etc/os-release; echo $PRETTY_NAME
This will output a line of text like
Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch). In this example
stretchis the name of the release. Write that down somewhere.
- Source your virtualenv. You're using a virtualenv, right?
- Browse to the bjoern releases page and find the wheels for your release. In my example, they would be
- Download the Python 2 (cp27) or Python 3 (cp3X) wheel for the version of Python your project uses.
- Rename the file to remove the release prefix. In my example,
pip installto install the wheel in your virtualenv. In my example, I would do
pip install bjoern-2.2.3-cp35-cp35m-linux_x86_64.whl
Note that the renaming step appears to be optional; pip will throw some errors when you try to install the wheel but the bjoern wheel appears to be installed correctly anyway.