This was two or three weeks ago. I finally took a stab at cooking a roast. This was mostly a failure: after an hour of cooking (estimated time was an hour to an hour and a half) I was not even halfway to rare. I pulled the charcoal off and dumped it into the oven for a done but not pink roast.

I've had trouble in the past with getting the correct temperatures. For this roast I did 17 top / 8 bottom, the recommended amount for my size and temperature. It was very cold (almost freezing) and windy. I think I need to up the coal amount to compensate for the cold. I'm using Kingsford instead of the generic brand again (before winter I thought the generic brand was responsible for the low heat output).

Cooking tags: